Join Our Ranks!
Everyplay and Impact are the flagship products created by Applifier. We are over 20 people strong, growing fast, headquartered in Helsinki, Finland with an office in San Francisco, and backed by Silicon Valley and European VCs, including MHS Capital, ProFounders and Lifeline Ventures.
Open Positions in Helsinki, Finland
Open Positions in San Francisco
- No open positions currently, send an open application if you’d like to work with us!
What do we do?
Applifier helps players discover fun games and delivers new users to games for free. We pioneered cross-promotion on Facebook with the Applifier Bar and grew it to reach tens of millions of users. We’ve already delivered over 100 million free clicks to the promoted games.
Impact is a “watch a game trailer, earn a virtual item” video ad network for iOS and Android. Game developers use Impact to find highly engaged new users and to monetize existing audiences. Companies like Fresh Planet (Song Pop), Tetris Online and King.com are clients.
Even more cool is that the press dubbed us the Rebel Alliance. How often do you get a chance join those ranks?
We are building social 2.0 for mobile games with Everyplay, which allows players to easily share their greatest gaming moments as video replays. Everyplay connects players together and powers a rich community for games. Everyplay lets you create more personal multiplayer gaming experiences with player-to-player video messages and action replays.
With Everyplay, developers get better discoverability through word-of-mouth as video, increased retention with an engaged player community and higher monetization by making multiplayer games more social. In a market where small and medium-sized mobile game developers are hit hard by ever increasing install prices and market consolidation looms, Everyplay delivers free users through word-of-mouth as video and keeps them playing with meaningful video sharing.
Everyplay allows developers to promote user-generated videos shared from their game, and distributes those ads through our “watch a game video, get a virtual item” video ad network called Impact that is already adopted by publishers like SongPop, Tetris Online with some of the biggest mobile companies joining in. On Facebook, we operate the largest cross-promotion network that reaches over 150 million users.
We want to work with you if you are passionate about building a mobile gaming network that powers small and medium-sized game developers. We are bringing a superior service to market for free, and have already signed up developers with games reaching over 100 million downloads. We’ve got a kickass engineering team, proven track record in helping developers grow and we are gunning for huge market opportunity. Are you ready to rumble?
We are looking for an experienced developer specialising in OpenGL ES on iOS and/or Android platforms to join our Everyplay product team. Your responsibilities would include working on the core screen recording technology behind Everyplay – optimizing it and creating new features. In addition to OpenGL recording, the work includes managing audio capture, so experience in audio frameworks (OpenAL, CoreAudio, FMOD) is important.
You have a strong background in software development, with experience in the iOS and/or Android platform. You work well independently, but function well also as a part of a team.
This is a great opportunity to join a internationally-noted tech start-up (TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and so many others…), and work on the core product that’s driving our world domination. In this position, you would also get to work with exceptionally talented people, in relaxed, no-bullshit culture..
We’ve got a job for you in our European office in Helsinki, Finland.
- Develop and maintain the core technology behind Everyplay
- Communicate with game developers regarding technical issues they may encounter with Everyplay
- Strong backround in software development
- Solid experience with the iOS and/or Android platforms
- Experience with OpenGL ES
- Experience in audio frameworks such as OpenAL, CoreAudio, FMOD
- Good communication skills in English, at least basic communication skills in Finnish
Note! When applying to this position, please attach a code sample of your work to the application! While we do accept applications without code samples, the chances of us getting back to you are greatly increased by including a piece of relevant code.
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use the job title as the message subject.
Our video ad network Impact is scaling to reach millions of daily active users on iOS & Android. We are looking for a business-minded Product Owner to accelerate this growth further.
You will own the Impact video ad network. You are responsible both for the global revenues and expenses as well the product vision and roadmap. You are able to integrate the inputs from company strategy, customer feedback, product needs and analytics to define priorities and lead the global team to outperform competitors in rapidly expanding mobile games market.
Your key strength is an analytical mindset that allows you to oversee the ad network’s performance and drive growth through continuous improvement of the KPIs. You will oversee the service and develop the service to improve our offering to the publishers, advertisers and the consumers. You will participate actively in client acquisition, product marketing and lead our operations with existing clients, making sure we reach, acquire and retain clients in the most effective way.
You have a strong background in product and project management, combined with practical experience in business development. You know how to formulate hypotheses, build analytical models and test KPIs and how to lead business based on them. You have a strong understanding of modern software development and are experienced in agile development. You are also a seasoned team leader with the ability to work with dynamic teams in an international setting.
- Proven experience in product management in software service business
- Experience business development and managing P&L
- Analytical mindset and demonstrated experience in analytics
- Strong understanding of software development
- Team leadership
- Previous work experience in a startup or a small company (<50 people)
- Experience in either game development, mobile application development or ad networks is a bonus, but not required
- Fluent spoken and written English and Finnish
- Willingness to travel
- Own the global P&L and ad network accesses by millions of daily active users
- Manage the strategic vision and product roadmap of Impact
- Work with the development team to deliver that roadmap
- Own the metrics and KPIs of the service and drive their growth
- Work actively with the BD team on product marketing and client acquisition
- Lead the technical and ad operations personnel and the existing client relationships
- Scale Impact to be the premier video ad network in the mobile games industry
For more information, contact Head of Product Tuomas Rinta by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 40 1677700.
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com by April 26th.
Our video ad network Impact is scaling to reach millions of daily active users on iOS & Android. We are looking for a experienced developer to join our development team in Helsinki and help us make the Impact SDK even better.
You’ll work as a part of our development team, developing the Impact SDK for iOS and Android, and working to make the SDK integration seamless into different development frameworks and game engines (such as Unity, Cocos2d-x). Our clients expect a rock-solid, performance-optimised SDK from us, and you know what it takes to build such products.
You are already an experienced mobile application or game developer, preferably with experience from both the iOS platform and the Android platform. You know the best practices of the platforms and are familiar with the de-facto development tools (Eclipse and Xcode). You understand memory usage and optimisation, and can write clean, maintainable code (our SDK is open source, so coding style really does matter).
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong background in mobile development on the iOS and/or Android platforms
- Experience in game engines (Unity3D, cocos2d, etc.) is a bonus
- Fluent communication skills in English, at least basic communication skills in Finnish
- Develop and maintain the Impact SDK for multiple platforms
- Debug occasional integration issues with client’s games
- Make sure the SDK our kicks ass!
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.