Effective Date: June 17th 2011
Overview of our Technology
Our Technology collects information about the applications you use, the websites you visit, and the advertisements you see while using those applications and websites. You may encounter our Technology through a promotional ad units such as a bar displaying ads (“Applifier Ad Units”) when you engage with a Client’s application or website.
We use the information collected through our Technology to help make the applications and advertisements you see on the Applifier Ad Units more relevant to you and to help our Client’s improve their services.
Overview of our Website
To gain access to our services, you must complete the registration process on our Website. As part of the registration process, we must collect some basic information about you and how you plan to use our services. We use that information to help deliver more effective services to you and our other Clients.
Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide Us
We receive and store any information you enter through our Technology, on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) collected may include your name, user name, title, location, email address, other contact and billing information and other information such as preferences regarding games. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features. You can opt-out from receiving email communications from us.
You may also provide your e-mail address if you register for applications or services through our Technology, and we may e-mail you regarding our Services or other promotional offers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference during the registration process, by making a modification on your account page, or by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
If you are connected to a social network user account such as Facebook, we automatically receive and record anonymous data such as anonymous user identifiers provided by such service and information that you have made available publicly to everybody through such service.
If you specifically allow us to access your social network user data such as your Facebook user data, we automatically receive and record any information you have allowed us to access on your social network user account. As noted below, you can opt not to disclose such information to us.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
Whenever you interact with our Technology, Website or services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, browser information, requested page, as well as information identifying you as a user of our Technology or Website. If you submit personally identifiable information to us or specifically allow us to access your social network user data, the non-personally identifiable information collected before or after such submission may be linked to your personally identifiable information.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Technology, Website and its components. We use this data in anonymous form to provide you additional features such as navigation tools and relevant advertisements to easily find our Client’s applications. If you create a user account with us or allow us to access your social network user data, we may personalize these features by providing information such as recommendations of Client’s applications that you may find interesting.
We also use the collected data in aggregate form, as a statistical measure, and in which case it used in a manner that will not identify you personally, in order to help improve our services. We may also provide aggregate information to our partners and Clients in order to help them provide you with an optimal online experience.
Ads appearing on the Website or through our Technology may be delivered to users by our advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements.
Web beacons are programming code used to display an image on a web page that can also transmit individual user’s identification to enable our systems to recognize actions such as viewing and interacting with advertisements or with other parts of our Technology and Website. We use web beacons to track certain Client applications that you visit or advertisements you view or with which you engage. This allows us to provide relevant advertisements to you and ensures that your interactions with our Technology and Website are correctly recorded.
OPTING OUT FROM TRACKING
To opt out from Applifier’s Technology, click here.
Your Choices Regarding the Collection of Information
You can always opt not to disclose information to us such as user profile information or social network data, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain features.
To opt out from Applifier’s Technology, click here.
No Information Knowingly Collected From Minors
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are (i) at least 18 years old or (ii) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you have parental permission to engage with applications that use the Applifier Service. Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Applifier’s Use and Sharing of Personal Information Collected through our Technology and Website
Information that you voluntarily submit to Applifier or that is lawfully obtained by Applifier may be used by Applifier for any lawful purpose, including for marketing purposes and for targeting advertisements to you based on this information.
We share your information collected through our Website and/or Technology with other parties only as described below.
- Advertised Applications and Clients: We may advertise to you services, applications or websites using our Website or Technology. If you choose to engage with such advertisements through our Technology, we may provide your automatically collected information to such Clients, application, service or website to facilitate the transaction.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them, including our Clients. In certain situations, these businesses sell items to you through our Website or on our Technology. In other situations, we provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses and Clients. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information that we share with them except as necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- Registration Information: Any user profile information, which may include Personal Information you submit such as your name, and other you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website.
- Aggregated Information: We may sell or transfer aggregated information, where no person can be identified, such as summary or aggregated anonymous information about all users or sub-groups of users.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of Applifier and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and/other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Applifier, our employees, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.